1. This Web site is provided as a public service by the Combating Terrorism Technical Support Office (CTTSO).
2. Information presented on this Web site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. Privacy Act Statement - If you choose to provide us with personal information - like filling out a Contact Us form with e-mail and/or postal address - we only use that information to respond to your message or request. We will only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. We never create individual profiles or give it to any private organizations. CTTSO.gov never collects information for commercial marketing. While you must provide an e-mail address or postal address for a response other than those generated automatically in response to questions or comments that you may submit, we recommend that you NOT include any other personal information, especially Social Security numbers. The Social Security Administration offers additional guidance on sharing your Social Security number.
4. We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify indivdiual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no ohter purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with the National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
6. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us using the Contact Us page.
Use of Measurement and Customization Technology
This Web site uses measurement and customization technology known as "cookies." Cookies are used to remember a user's online interactions with a Web site or online application in order to conduct measurement and analysis of usage or to customize the user's experience.
There are two kinds of cookies used on this Web site. A single-session cookie (Tier 1) is a line of text that is stored temporarily on a user's computer and deleted as soon as the browser is closed. A persistent or multi-session cookie (Tier 2) is saved to a file on a user's hard drive and is called up the next time that user visits a Web site. Use of these cookies does not involve the collection of a visitor's personally identifiable information (PII).
Cookes are enabled by default to optimize Web site functionality and customize user experience. Users can choose not to accept the use of these cookies by changing the settings on thier local computer's Web browser. The USA.gov Web site provides general instructions on how to opt out of cookies and other commonly used Web measurement and customization technologies. Opting out of cookies still permits users to access comparable information and services; however, it may take longer to navigate or interact with the Web site if the user is required to fill out certain information.
Use of Third-Party Web Sites and Applications
Third-party Web sites and applications that are not owned, operated, or controlled by the CTTSO are integral to Internet-based operations across the Department of Defense and used to augment official communication. These capabilities include, but are not limited to, networking services, media sharing services, wikis, and data mashups. These sites may collect PII and make it available to the CTTSO and other users; however, the PII is not collected on behalf of, nor is it provided specifically for the CTTSO. The CTTSO does not harvest and additionally collect, maintain, share, or otherwise use such PII for any purpose other than that for which it is made available to all users.